Position: ASSISTANT PROJECT ACCOUNTANT.
Deadline: 06 Dec 2020.
Date posted: 21 Nov 2020.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our esteemed client, we are looking for an Assistant Project Accountant to ensure that there is check and balance in the handling, accounting, reporting, and disbursing of funds in the project. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Project Accountant with all local financial activities required to successfully implement the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the organization's general accounting system and track expenditures or transactions related to the project
- Review the presence of relevant financial documents and signed proof of payment for each expense, including salaries and consultation (invoice, receipt, etc
- See to the preparation of payments according to funds availability
- File financial data & documents in an organized and orderly way as soft copy and hard copy, committing to the requirements
- Preparing financial reports for the project in a timely manner as per the requirements within stipulated deadlines
- Update the organization's financial policies and procedures when necessary
- Reconcile on a monthly basis the project bank account with bank statements
- Provide the organization with a monthly budget comparison for each of organization’s project
- Prepare payroll of organization’s employees and consultants
- Prepare statutory returns
- Proceed to back up the data from the accounting system
- Tend to the preparation, declaration and submission of employees’ Social Security benefits and Tax on Salary
- Develop the NGO’s annual report in collaboration with the Auditor
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or any relevant discipline
- At least 2 years work experience in Donor funded projects or any relevant experience in non-profit organization
- Must have audit or audit liaison experience
- Must have working knowledge of local laws, regulations, taxation, and other government compliance requirements
- Familiar with any computerized accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Ease in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Good organizational skills, punctuality, and ability to meet deadlines
- Team spirit
- Self motivated and trustworthy