Position: TRACTOR/ PLANT OPERATOR .
Deadline: 25 Jan 2021.
Date posted: 13 Jan 2021.
On behalf of our happy client, we are currently seeking an Agricultural and Horticultural
mobile Plant Operator (Tractor Operator) to undertake all general
tractor driving tasks. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the efficient operation of a tractor, assisting
with soil management, spraying, crop care and general farm management.
- Driving and carrying out regular maintenance and repairs of tractors and other farm implements
- Machinery maintenance - regular greasing, washing
- Tractor operating - sowing, spraying, cultivating, ground preparation and weed control
- Operating tractors safely and efficiently
- Reporting any breakdowns or faults with equipment to the management
- Completing minor repairs on tractor and farm equipment
- College Certificate/ Diploma program in Agricultural Equipment Operation, Mechanics or any related field
- 5 years operating Tractors or heavy plant for a commercial agriculture
operation (land preparation experience preferred)
- Formal plant
operator training preferred, knowledge on tractor maintenance is an advantage
- Be mechanically minded or have mechanical understanding of general plant and equipment
- Ability to operate tractors with a variety of implements
- Must be able to work well in a team environment, as well as the ability to work independently when required
- Must have good attention to detail and good communication skills
and spoken English
- Must have a relevant valid Driving License
- Dedicated to safety for yourself and all others
- Good level of physical fitness