Position: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER.
Deadline: 20 Nov 2019.
Date posted: 06 Nov 2019.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our esteemed client, we are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of
financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and
financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as
development of internal control policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for financial risk management.
- Manage all accounting operations
including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory
Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with CPA (T) or equivalent qualifications
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills