Position: HEAD OF HR.
Deadline: 25 Sep 2019.
Date posted: 10 Sep 2019.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our happy client, we are looking for a Head of HR to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes.
- Lead HR projects like compensation plans revisions
- Implement functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Oversee payroll
- Design company policies and procedures
- Review and update employment contracts and agreements
- Prepare budgets by department
- Track key HR metrics like cost per hire and retention rates
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Manage internal communication projects (like job satisfaction surveys)
- Measure the effectiveness of benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the company
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management. MSc is a plus
- At least 10 years work experience in a Generalist HR function with at least 5 years at Management level
- Strong experience in all aspects of HR with focus on Labor Law, Job Design, Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Transformation, Training & Development and Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, etc
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company