Position: HEALTH CARE MANAGER.
Deadline: 05 Sep 2017.
Date posted: 20 Aug 2017.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
Job ProfileHealth Care Manager is responsible for the strategic, financial and
day-to-day running of hospital/community health services to ensure that healthcare facilities provide the most effective patient care.
- Understanding the financial background of the office
- Marketing or handling public relations
- Creating procedures for dealing with patients
- Managing clinical, professional, clerical and administrative staff
- Managing the recruitment, selection, appraisal and development of staff
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of an organisation
- Implementing new policies and directives
and negotiating with medical and non-medical staff internally (often at
the most senior levels) and with people in external organisations, e.g.
social services, voluntary groups or the private sector
- Gathering and analysing data and using it to plan and manage both projects and systems
- Working towards ensuring quality and value for money for patients
- Extrapolating data for quality assurance and monitoring purposes
- Setting budgets and maintaining finances within tight constraints
- Planning and implementing strategic changes to improve service delivery
- Attending meetings, writing reports and delivering presentations to a variety of audiences;
clinical governance and audit
- Sitting on committees and representing the views of departments and teams
- Handling communications and corporate affairs
- Purchasing equipment and supplies and organising stores
- At least Bachelor's degree in Public Heath and Administration, Hospital Management or any other related field
- Master's degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum five (5) years work experience in the same the role
- Should have strong communication, technical and analytical skills
- Must also be detail oriented