Position: CREDIT MANAGER.
Deadline: 28 Jan 2017.
Date posted: 17 Jan 2017.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
The credit manager
position is accountable for the entire credit granting process,
including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit
reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the
creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the
mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
- Properly motivate the credit and collections staff
- Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
- Provide for ongoing training of the credit staff
- Manage relations with collection agencies
- Manage relations with credit reporting agencies
- Manage relations with credit insurance providers
- Manage relations with the sales department
- Maintain the corporate credit policy
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
- Create a credit scoring model
- Manage customer credit files
- Monitor the credit granting and updating process
- Accept or reject the staff's credit recommendations
- Personally investigate the largest customer credit applications
- Personally visit the largest customers to establish relations
- Monitor periodic credit reviews
- Monitor deductions being taken by customers
- Manage the application of late fees
- Manage the corporate financing program
5+ years of
credit experience. Bachelor Degree in Business and experience with
credit scoring systems preferred. Have a thorough knowledge of
credit-related laws. Be willing to periodically travel to customer
sites. Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.