Position: LOGISTICS SALES EXECUTIVE.
Deadline: 20 Jan 2017.
Date posted: 16 Jan 2017.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
Job ProfileOn behalf our esteemed client, we are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic and a firm sense of commitment to serve as a Logistics Sales Executive. This is an elite position that combines both sales and business development and day-to-day logistics and dispatching duties all in the same role. You will not only build your own customer base from the ground up, but you will also be responsible for ensuring that your clients receive smooth freight service from pickup to delivery.
Major ResponsibilitiesAs a Logistics Account Executive, you will serve as the primary contact for clients and independent freight carriers and will build a book of ongoing business accounts via prospecting, networking and referrals. You will also provide your clients with the highest level of service and support in order to retain their business grow their accounts and gain referrals.
Your specific duties as a Logistics Sales Executive will include;
- Generating new business leads and setting appointments
- Making sales presentations to prospective clients
- Negotiating shipping rates with carriers
- Managing daily shipping schedules and dispatching trucks for freight pickup
- Maintaining regular contact with existing clients to determine their daily and weekly shipping needs
- Providing responsive customer service and resolving client issues quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring that all client freight loads are shipped on time
- Following up on client referrals
- Meeting or exceeding all performance goals
QualificationsAs a Logistics Account Executive, you must have a charismatic and confident personality as well as an exceptional work ethic and the entrepreneurial spirit to manage your own book of business. Aggressiveness, persistence, resiliency and commitment to providing the best customer service are also important traits for you to bring to the table. It is also very important that you are able to establish rapport and build credibility via excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific qualifications for the Logistics Sales Executive position include
- Bachelor Degree with 3 years full-time work experience in a related field
- Proven track record of success in previous employment
- Strong desire to build a sales career
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
- Solid diplomatic and conflict-management skills
- Computer and typing skills
- Sales experience in logistics industry preferred